Video calls are the new normal. Here are some quick tips for a professional video call.
- Wear headphones – This helps eliminate echoing voices.
- Use a external microphone – Internal microphones are usually very poor quality and make you sound choppy. Even earbuds with a built-in mic can help!
- Test your audio/video feed before you enter – Do this so you don’t look like a bad mime
- Place your head in a third (see picture below) – This is more pleasing to the human eye and therefore whoever you’re speaking with will be more relaxed.
- Mute yourself when not contributing in a group call. – This helps to avoid noises and artifacts that can be distracting to a conversation.
Bonus: SMILE! – Brighten someones day with your pearly whites. It also just brings more energy to any conversation 🙂